Birth Story of Thaddyeus


L and G hired me in the first trimester of their third pregnancy.  L had two previous out of the hospital births in a different state, and was looking forward to the third experience.

The morning of December 29th, I had another client who was in labor.  L sent me a text that she was having regular contractions that were slowly intensifying.  I let L know I was with another client, and to keep me posted so that I could make plans accordingly.

The mind is truly so powerful.  When L realized I was supporting another client through her journey, her body slowed its journey.  Contractions stayed very mild and irregular the rest of the day and the night.

L sent me a text checking in the next morning around 8am.  I let her know my other client was about to transport, and that I would be with her until L needed me.  That is all L needed.  Her body let go, and let active labor happen.

G sent me a text at 1030am saying he thought I should come.  Contractions were coming every 2-5 minutes, lasting 2 minutes long, and were building in intensity.  I finished up with getting my other client settled in the hospital, and headed their way.

I arrived at 1120am and found L laying on her left side in her bed, listening to a hypnobirthing tract.  All vitals were good.  L agreed to a cervical check, but asked me not to say.  We were all surprised and ecstatic to find that L was already 8cm dilated, 100% effaced, and baby at a +1 station.  L was so calm and poised, and it was hard to believe she was already moving into transition.  She was doing such a beautiful job.

My apprentice R and I quickly began filling the birth pool for L, and set up birth supplies.  G was at L’s side, offering words of encouragement and applying cold cloths to L’s forehead,

L walked around her room as the birth pool finished filling.  She was grunting at the peaks of the contractions.  The pressure was building.

L got into the birth pool at 1230pm, laboring on her knees.  L swayed with her contractions, moving exactly as her body told to move.  G was her rock, right at her side to provide encouragement and support.

The intensity was building.  L was talking to her baby, telling him it was safe to come out, that her and G were ready.

As 1pm neared, L gently began to moan at the peaks of the contractions.  She looked at me and said, “It hurts.  He is right there.”  I encouraged L to let her body do its thing, and bring her baby down.

L did such a beautiful job at letting her body do the work.  Her water broke, and baby was crowning spontaneously at 122pm.  With one swift push, L brought her baby into the water.  He had himself quite wrapped up in his cord and made me have to work at unraveling him.  Seconds later he was in his mama’s waiting arms!

Welcome to the world Thaddyeus, born earthside on December 30, 2016 at 123pm, weighing in at 7lbs 0ozs, 18.5 inches long.  It was a joy to serve this family as they welcomed their third little one into the world!



More from Our Blogs

Winter in Scotland

It has been a while since a new blog post, but with good reason, as it has continued to be a busy

Autumn is Upon Us (Sept/Oct 2022)

A Wee update As nighttime continues to creep sooner and sooner, the tasks of the day are not decreasing. Actually, the opposite

Scroll to Top